The RockFLEET can automatically transmit a GPS position as often as once every 15 seconds (with an optional GSM antenna) or as slowly as once every 24 hours. When paired with the optional GSM antenna, the RockFLEET uses GSM networks when they're available and will switch to Iridium only when necessary.
The unit also allows tracking profiles to be set up for:
- Different position tracking rates
- Different geo-fenced areas
- Changes in behaviour (e.g. if external power is lost, or if the device is moving.)
- Separate GSM or Iridium transmission profiles
RockFLEET has a built-in battery backup unit which will allow it to operate for up to 5 months without external power (depending on transmission rate and settings).
The RockFLEET connects to your smartphone or tablet via the RockCONNECT app that's available for iOS and Android. Use RockCONNECT to:
- Send/receive text messages from cell phones
- Send/receive short email messages from any email address
- Send/receive text messages from HQ via the Core
The RockFLEET features:
- An optional RS-232 serial input for M2M/IoT usage
- GPS, accelerometer and thermometer, power loss and impact sensors.
The (optional) serial version of the RockFLEET allows you to connect your own equipment and use the unit to send/receive your own customised data and messages.
You can also use the Bluetooth LE API, if you wish to send messages remotely.
Data from RockFLEET can either be delivered to the Core or sent to your own web service as a simple HTTP POST. You can also remotely configure the device in the same way. The message is queued on the satellite network almost instantly, ready for RockFLEET to download, on your command.
Updated over 5 years ago