The RockAIR is a truly global tracking and messaging device designed for use on the dashboard of light aircraft, rotor craft and land-based vehicles. It's a cost effective and global method of tracking and communicating with your assets wherever they may be.
RockAIR has quick access to alerts using the front panel, along with a comprehensive set of tracking, messaging and M2M/IoT features, all configurable via the RockCONNECT app or from our easy-to-use web-based management system, called the Core.
RockAIR has built-in GSM/Iridium capability, allowing the use of terrestrial mobile phone networks and automatically switching to the global Iridium satellite network when GSM is not available. The small form unit can be covertly mounted/positioned using a quick release mount that enables carry-on installation in seconds.
The RockAIR features:
- Autonomous GPS tracking
- Truly global 2-way communication system from anywhere on Earth
- Transmission via both GSM and/or Iridium Satellite
- Integrated Power Conditioning (8-32V)
- Internal Battery Backup, allows for up to 8 hours of operation (1 minute Iridium transmissions)
- Over-the-air reconfiguration of key parameters such as tracking frequency
- Optional serial integration add-on to provide sat-comms to other devices
Iridium is the only satellite network that allows transmission of information from any point on Earth –other networks have no coverage in the polar regions, and have intermittent or no coverage in other marine and land areas.
Iridium has 66 satellites in orbit around the Earth, allowing coverage anywhere on Earth 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No other satellite network has such global coverage. Messages sent via Iridium take just seconds to reach you, via e-mail or directly to your web-service.
Updated 3 years ago